FUE method enables not only hair transplantation, but also eye brow transplantation. Eye brow transplantation is reserved for thin eye brow, completely missing eye brows due to genetic factors, wound or burn scars and for restoring eye brow on permanent make-up. Eye brow transplantation takes less time relative to the hair transplantation.
Transplantation is accomplished in two to three hours under local anesthesia. When eye brow is transplanted, there is no need to trim whole hair of the patient; nuchal hairs are trimmed in a very small area and hair follicles are collected. The most important phase is the preparation of canals; your eye brow should appear natural in terms of angle and direction. The specialist will open very tiny canals on the area where hair will be transplanted. Next, hair is transplanted to the eye brow area. Patient feels no pain during or after the procedure. Patient can be discharged to home in same day.
BEARD, MUSTACHE AND SIDEBURN TRANSPLANTION
Hair types refer structural characteristics such as straight or curly hair, thick or thin hair, greasy or dry hair, or weak and strong hair. However, other characteristics require hair analysis. Hair analysis focuses on some of those detailed characteristics, such as hair tissue, quality of hair follicles, density of hair, elasticity, pores and the skin tissue. Those details are examination and you are informed about your hair profile; thus, you will be correctly informed about what you should do about your hair in the future.
Hair therapies; type of hair loss, severity of hair loss, density of hair, thickness of hair and hair rate at anagen (growth), catagen (cessation) and telogen (rest) phases will have direct influence on the outcome of the therapy. Those analyses are substantially important in order to increase efficiency of therapy and method. The therapy planned for the patient and hair transplantation are supported by a medical report, and thus, more realistic outcomes are offered.
Hair is our essential accessory that completes our appearance. Throughout years people have experienced hair loss for some reasons and some people had used wig or prosthesis to hide this problem, while some others had grown parietal hair in an effort to cover hair loss sites. At first, FUT (Follicular unit transplantation) technique has lent a helping hand to the people experiencing hair loss, and next, FUE (follicular unit extraction), the latest hair transplantation method, which is now preferred for both easy of application and patient’s comfort, is started to be used. Thanks to FUE technique, hair follicles which are needed by the patient are collected from postauricular regions or other body areas, if necessary, and they are transplanted.
FUE is the most developed form of a technique that is also known as fox, discovered by Dr. Ray Woods and developed by Dr. William Rassman.
Hair transplantation is in fact transposition of native hair follicles. It is a process of carrying hair follicles from the donor site to the recipient site. Hair follicles are taken from hair-dense areas and carried to the recipient or hair loss area. FUE technique is a hair transplantation method applied successfully and with confidence in both our country and all over the world.
PHASES OF FUE
It is the most important phase of the hair transplantation. Hair of the patient is analyzed; a hair line is determined, also considering facial proportions and age of the patient. Number of sessions and number of follicles to be transplanted to each hair loss site are planned depending on the severity of the condition. The patient is photographed. Reference photos are selected for the operation. Necessary examinations and preoperative preparations are accomplished and the patient is transferred to the operating room.
BEFORE FUE AND AFTER FUE
- You should rest, using special pillows to be given to your, at semi-supine position for the first three days.
- You should use all medicaments regularly and as advised by your physician.
- It is better your hair is first washed by one member of the hair transplantation team in Day 3. All patients will be given hair wash instructions form in writing, if they cannot visit the unit in postoperative course.
- You should strictly avoid strenuous exercises and exciting activities for first 3 days. You can resume normal daily life starting in Day 20.
- You should be careful to avoid smoking and alcohol.
- You can make your hair trimmed, excluding transplantation site, in Day 20, but razor, straight razor or power hair clipper should not be used and transplanted hair should be trimmed with scissor. 2. You may have ordinary hair clipping as of Month 2.
- You should stop blood thinners and other herbal teas and medicines minimum one week before the operation.
- You have better stop or minimize smoking 3 days before the operation and stop alcohol beverages minimum 5 days before the operation.
- You should inform your physician about all regularly used medicines, if any.
- Your physician should also know your personal history of comorbidities and chronic diseases.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)